Terms & Conditions
This promotion is exclusively for members in the Hertz Program. This benefit offers members the ability to redeem points for unique Hertz experiences. Participation in the Hertz experiences constitutes your acknowledgment and acceptance of all terms and conditions applicable to the relevant event, merchandise or experience. Hertz may at any time amend, modify or supplement any terms and conditions applicable to the Hertz experience, and your continued participation will constitute your acceptance of any such amendment, modification or supplementation.
You must be a Hertz member with valid points at time of submission to participate. Your account must be in good standing, and you must have a valid Hertz Account, password and email address to participate. Hertz reserves the right to disqualify from the Hertz Program any participant who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the Hertz experience, or who fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions set out herein.
Redemption of the experience constitutes member (and guest’s if applicable), permission for Hertz and its designees to use member’s (and guest’s if applicable), name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Tax liability incurred (if any) in connection with the receipt and/or use of points including, but not limited to, sales/use, value added, goods and services, rental-specific, and income taxes, is the sole responsibility of the member.
- You may use your points to purchase experiences made available through the Hertz site only if you have a sufficient number of points in your Hertz Account at the time of purchase.
- You will be disqualified from claiming your experience if your account does not have sufficient points at the time of purchase.
- All confirmed redemptions made are final. No changes will be made. No refunds are permitted.
- In the event that points are not debited from the member's account at the time of redemption, points can be debited from the account at any time thereafter.
- You will receive notification of your redemption via email.
- The timing of redemption submission will be determined solely by Hertz.
- Member may not resell items and/or experiences redeemed through the Hertz site and may not re-market, resell or otherwise transfer or dispose of an experience without obtaining Hertz’s prior written consent. Any attempted or completed sale, barter, or transfer of a Hertz experience or any of its components will be void and the reward will be forfeited without any refund of points to the member.
Hertz will specify the experiences and other components that are included in each individual offering. Hertz reserves the right to correct any typographical errors, including the point value, and to make changes, corrections or improvements to each offer, and to the description of each item, at any time without notice.
- Members participating in the program agree and acknowledge that separate terms and conditions may apply to individual experiences and every component of the program.
- All experiences made available are offered “as is” without warranties of any kind, unless expressly stated in the description.
- Availability of all components of a reward experience is subject to change, and if any component becomes unavailable for any reason, Hertz reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a similar item or partially or fully refund points redeemed by the member.
- If the performance of any service or obligation of Hertz or any service provider making an experience available through Hertz, including any live experience, is prevented, delayed, restricted or interfered with by events or causes beyond their control, Hertz or the applicable service provider will not be liable for the performance or obligation affected by the prevention, delay, restriction or interference. The member agrees that if any of these prevent their participation in a live experience, Hertz or the applicable service provider is not obligated to provide or recreate such live experience and Hertz reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a similar experience or partially or fully refund points redeemed by the winning bidder for the affected bid.
Partners/Third Party Providers
- A member purchasing an experience offered by a third party partner or supplier, enters an agreement with the relevant supplier of the reward, and not with Hertz. Members expressly acknowledge and agree that partners are independent contractors and not employees or agents of Hertz. Hertz is not liable for the acts, errors, omissions, representations, warranties or negligence of the partners. Hertz shall not be responsible for or liable to a member in connection with any restrictions, qualifications or other terms and conditions imposed by the partner on any reward items.
- As far as permissible by applicable law, Hertz hereby disclaims any liability, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, including without limitation, liability for any direct, punitive, special, consequential, incidental or indirect damages, in connection with the rewards provided by any partner through the Hertz program, including without limitation liability for any act, error, omission, injury, loss, accident, delay or irregularity that may be incurred through the fault, negligent or otherwise, of such partner and member hereby expressly exonerates Hertz from any liability with respect to the same. To the extent permitted by law, Hertz excludes all liability to member or any other person of whatsoever nature with respect to any negligence, willful misconduct, poor service or other breach of obligation arising out of the provision or failure to provide the services by or on behalf of a partner.
By participating in the Hertz redemption, member agrees to receive transactional notifications about Hertz via email, phone, or both. The member hereby consents to receive electronic communications that consist of and include reward confirmation from Hertz. In addition, the member agrees to send information to suppliers or service providers if expressly required for reward fulfilment.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the site are the property of Hertz, its affiliates, the third party technology supplier or the reward partner, as the case may be.
- You are prohibited from using any trademarks, logos and/or service marks for any purpose without the prior written consent of Hertz or its affiliates.
- All information and content including any software programs available on or through the site is protected by copyright. You are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any content available on or through the site for commercial or public purposes.
Hertz and its affiliates are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, computer or technical failure, or incorrect or inaccurate bidding information howsoever caused or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
NEITHER HERTZ NOR ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE HERTZ AUCTION SITE, OR ANY ITEM, EXPERIENCE OR SERVICE RELATED THERETO, SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE HERTZ AUCTION SITE, OR ANY AUCTION ITEM OR EXPERIENCE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, PARTICIPATE IN HERTZ AUCTIONS, OR CLAIM ANY AUCTION ITEM OR EXPERIENCE. HERTZ ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY CONTENT POSTED ON OR LINKED FROM THE SITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF MONEY, GOODWILL, REPUTATION, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT.
The member agrees to indemnify and hold Hertz and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of the member’s breach of these terms and conditions or the member’s violation of any law or the rights of a third party. Hertz failure to act with respect to a breach by the member or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
Any disputes arising out of or related to the Hertz Auction site or any auction shall be handled individually, and shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of U.S.